A football flick. Once again, the same thought invaded my mind, like when we were going to watch Firewall. A movie I immediately branded as "something my dad would like." I was dead wrong.It took a very interesting turn. I was suddenly surprised when they applied 'the scriptures' to a football movie, but it only ended up in making the flick even better. It was wonderful how they related God to a game football, and they gave so many beautiful insights; the best of which is the proverb, "With God, all things are possible," and all the stories and everything-in-between, like the story of the two farmers asking for rain, and how the coach said that they would praise God, win or fail. It was just all so heartfelt that I found myself internally squirming more than strictly necessary a couple of times... and it came from a football movie, mind!
I believe it when people say that God makes things happen for a reason, and that He takes what you initially ask from Him because He'll give you something better in the end.
The overall awesomeness of the film was really touching, just the type of feel-good insightful movie one should always watch before taking a test that consists of an endless sea of numbers and Pythagorean theorems. The first time I passed my Calculus long test back in high school by a fleeting 50 points (over a hundred... okay, too much information..) I was just so "overwhelmed" that I profusely babbled a continuing series of 'thank you Lord!'s under my breath, squealing quietly like a mouse under attack.
There aren't any computers in this film whatsoever, but it's definitely something I wouldn't mind watching again until the feel-good quotes are stuck in my head.

No comments:
Post a Comment