There are some who are excited by the prospect of AI humans; some, who have watched too many sci-fi movies, however, fear that machines will enslave us when brainstorming has finally paid off (slowly raising hand). A lot of people also argue that AI research is "immoral." Truth be told, I don't really find myself immersed in this sort of computery business (just look at the size of this blog entry); just as long as they create something that doesn't lop off my head in my sleep when I think its turning down the air conditioner, I'm cool with the whole AI gig.
Sometimes I find myself thinking if they've ever watched those movies with the tagline, "Some things must never be tampered with" or something along those lines... I can just imagine the mad scientist rubbing his cracking knuckles together and screaming, "It's alive!" Less of the dead-beat look, the bolts jutting out of the neck and the constant "Aaarrr..." and more along the lines of shining-shimmering-splendid.
I saw a lot of controversies popping up out of sites in tag along with AI, and one of these is, "What about God?"
We believe that God created all living things. So if we create artificial life (which is still life) then what do we become?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
lolz. robots and stuff ain't definitely your department.hahaha!
Post a Comment