There are probably only four things I’m passionate about (which already looks more than enough):
Drawing.
Reading.
Writing.
Environment.
Yup, I could get stranded in a desert island with enough materials to do those first three things and I wouldn’t even get bored. Bump the computers, the ipods, the TV (but not food, please) and I’d definitely survive.
Drawing is something I’ve been doing for a very long time. Since the beginning of first grade, even though the pictures weren’t wow-worthy, I put much more effort into my drawings than the rest of my classmates. If the teacher asked for a picture starting with the letter Z, others would draw a zebra; I’d draw the whole zoo.
Reading came soon after. I grew to love books, and even started reading the first book of Harry Potter before my teeny brain could comprehend the words. “Dumbledore took the what out of his pocket??” (it happened to be the put-outer, the one he used to extinguish the lamp lights). I had to read it over and over and over again, and mom had to take my lampshade from me just to stop me from reading until early morning. During high school, my cravings for books took an all-out turn, and I could hardly stop myself from buying (you could almost see the moth flying out of my wallet when you open it, not that there’s any money in there to begin with. The word “allowance” didn’t exist in my and my brothers’ vocabulary during high school). However, when National Bookstore appeared in Paseo, dad thought of banning me from said bookstore and putting a restraining order of 20 feet.
Reading produced two things:
Quick reading, and writing. The multitude of books I’ve read made me want to create stories of my own. Sometimes I had this small fantasy of beating the popularity of the Harry Potter books once I had my own story worked out. It’s wishful thinking, really, but out of all the four, this is the one I'm trying hardest to pursue. We-e-ell... that, and maybe work as a graphics artist in Pixar (Ha!). I know, I know, but like I said, it's wishful thinking.
Environment… hmmm… sometimes I couldn’t keep from nagging my older and younger brother regarding electricity. Don’t they get the picture?? Global warming, people… Every. Single. Darn. Time. They leave the room, they keep forgetting to put the lights and electric fan off. My little brother, however, seemed to have acquired the never-ending passion of wasting water. He’d open the water faucets full-speed ahead, and then he starts looking for the soap. Tch. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole subdivision lost its water overnight.
Which just about sums it up. If I had wanted to compile all these "passions" into one thing, I'd write a book about the environment and be my own illustrator. Convenient, no? It's much better than talking, anyway: amateur at its best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment